Home Cart Store FAQ FREE Trial

Visits by date range report

Have a question about one of the reports in Streamline? Ask here.

Visits by date range report

Postby bbaker » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:32 am

My "visits by date range" report has not been picking up all of my sign-ins for the day. Generally, we manually input customer visits with the "record a visit" function. The visits show up in other reports, but there a missing visits in the "visits by date range" report. Any ideas? Thanks
bbaker

Re: Visits by date range report

Postby Jared » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:20 pm

If you set the date range to at least one day in the future, do the visits appear on the report?
Jared Jensen - TripleTree Software
Jared
Site Admin

Postby bbaker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:50 am

Setting the date range to one day in the future is not working either. The "Visits by Plan Type" report works--I can set it to a specific date and it will show me who signed in at what time. The "Visits by Date Range" report, however, will have blank lines where there should be visit data, for example: If I had 10 sign-ins in the on a given morning, there will be 10 line items for visits, but several of them are blank. Any ideas? Thanks!
bbaker

Postby Jared » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 am

I've never heard this reported before. Can you send a current backup to our servers and tell me the name of your gym so I can try to reproduce the issue using your data? You can PM or email me directly with the gym name, if you wish. Thanks!
Jared
Site Admin

Postby Jared » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 am

I misunderstood your message to mean *all* lines on the report were blank, but after pulling up the report using your backup, I see only a small percentage of lines are blank. The blank lines are actually multiple sign-ins by the same customer, as represented by the same background color. In other words, if the same customer signs in twice in a row (maybe by accident), you'll see a mostly blank row (except for the last column) directly under their first sign in.

Does this jive with what you're seeing?
Jared
Site Admin

Postby bbaker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:16 pm

It's working now, and I think I know what the problem was. Our gym has customers sign in on a paper sign in sheet, and then throughout the day I input sign ins using the "record a sign-in" function. This works for us as we are fairly small. If I enter a sign in for two different customers at the exact same time (for example, if they came in together), the software is recording them as duplicate sign-ins because they have the same time stamp. This leaves blanks in the report. To remedy this, I just make sure not to sign in a customer with the exact time stamp as a previous customer. Thanks!
bbaker

Postby Jared » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:22 pm

bbaker wrote:...the software is recording them as duplicate sign-ins because they have the same time stamp. This leaves blanks in the report.

Streamline doesn't use the time stamp to determine duplicates; it's based on the customer selected in the "record a sign-in" dialog. To create duplicates, you would need to actually record two sign-ins for the same customer twice. I could see this happening if you accidentally forget to change the customer before recording the next sign-in, or if the customer uses the sign-in screen and accidentally signs in twice.

We'll consider adding a confirmation prompt to the next version before accepting a sign-in from the same customer twice in a row within a certain time period.
Jared
Site Admin

Return to Reports